Monday, February 24, 2014

Will You Be My Bridesmaid?

Hayley and I started our blogging adventure together a few months ago, 
 We pushed each other off the ledge to give it a go. 

While I blog about nonsense this year (like that made up poem) or settling into my new city or whatever else is going on, Hayley actually has a big year ahead while she plans her wedding. And while I am no longer planning a wedding, I now officially have a big year annoying her about these wedding plans because I just received this: 



And since we are now blogging together and making our lives public together, I thought I needed to answer in a very unique way. So Hayley my answer is….

YES! 

The thing I love about bridesmaids in weddings is that they signify a specific period of your life that led you to where you are today, the day you are getting married. For me Hayley has played this wonderful role in my life from the very beginning of A&M. We met each other on Bid Day at the end of Rush and she was my very first friend in Pi Phi. I didn't have a car freshmen year so we drove together to sorority meetings. We both started out as journalism majors together (I switched after 1st semester but she kept with it). We explored the world of frat parties together. We went to date parties together. We had some really ridiculous late nights and moments together. This grew and grew for 4 years and continues today. She is one of my very best friends and I can't imagine life without her. 

So when she also included this perfect quote in my card, I was not surprised, because it is also one of my favorite quotes and she is one of the people I think of when I see it: 



So Yes Yes Yes Hayley! I cannot wait to stand by you on your special day just as you did on mine. I also promise to stock up on Snack Wells cookies- I have a distinct memory of standing in a room at the church 20 minutes before the wedding was supposed to begin and Hayley was standing next to me. She got out a travel pack of Snack Wells cookies, started eating one and asked if I was hungry. I was about to say no but something in my head went yes, I am starving. Due to my stress and nerves of the big day, I barely ate lunch and all of a sudden I was actually hungry. It is this small moment of sharing a cookie with one of my best friends, 20 minutes before the biggest moment of my life, that has become such a special memory. It was so us and remains something I will never forget.

Hayley, I can't wait to be a part of your moments both big and small on the day you marry the love of your life! Cheers to March 2015! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Card: Leave a note if you enjoyed your visit!