Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Mini Thoughts, Not Deep Thoughts

I don't have just one big thing to say today and instead have a list of all the random mini thoughts that came across my mind today. In case you are wondering how my mind works, here are my top ones: 

Thought #1:

Do you ever get on Pinterest and start to see annoying things? And then you start to wonder who the heck this person is you are following? And then you click on their name and still can't figure it out? But then you get anxiety thinking you may miss something if you don't follow them because clearly there was a reason one time you followed them? 

This just happened to me. 

Thought #2:

I was at a meeting tonight and as an ice breaker they asked people to get up and tell a story about their best/worst/anything Valentine's Day related. So I just sat there keeping my mouth shut and so did a lot of other people. Then slowly people started getting up and sharing their stories and they started giving them boxes of chocolates for sharing. And the more boxes of chocolates that were distributed the more I wanted one. So I got up and told the story of the year in college where the guy I liked totally didn't acknowledge the day but in my head we had pretend plans..yes, this made the situation even more annoying. I remember this story because I ended up at HEB with Hayley buying magazines and random food and then she ended up getting asked out on a Valentine's date to Taco Cabana while we were in the check out lane at 11pm. But the girls all just quasi-stared at me like they didn't know if they should laugh or feel sorry for me…and I am thinking I am a 29 year old happily (sometimes) married woman. I am just telling this story for the chocolate.

Give me the chocolate. 

Thought #3

NY Magazine put out The Top 25 Romantic Comedies Besides When Harry Met Sally and I just disagree with many of their selections. For #3 they selected the new movie Her. Ummm excuse me. You cannot pick a movie that is currently in theaters as one of the TOP 25 BEST. There are rules. And where is Pretty Woman??? 

I am irate and want to go watch Pretty Woman in protest. 

Thought #4

If you are last minute shopping for Valentine's cards or gifts or 50% off 2014 calendars tomorrow you need to head to Paper Source. I had time to kill before a meeting tonight and I literally could've bought out the whole store. In case you are in need of last minute gift ideas, I have a few. Due to the fact that my husband just got new ski clothes, he will not be receiving any presents this year. But in case you need some help, here are my clever ideas:

Buy this coffee mug and gift it along with a Starbucks gift card because at the end of the day he won't use the mug and you will, making it a win win for everyone.

Buy this card and set out some donuts for breakfast. I know. I am a genius.

And if your significant other happened to wear the wine and silver blue in college and was a Pi Phi, might I recommend any of these items: coffee mug, glasses, or tea towels. And if you happen to be my husband reading this, I will also accept any of these presents as well. 

Thought #5

I have been a day ahead all week and I felt like today was Thursday and it wasn't. It is a horrible feeling when that happens and I just had to share. 


Two more days to the weekend. Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I wrote about that SAME Valentine's Day on my blog! Oh, memories...

    ReplyDelete

Comment Card: Leave a note if you enjoyed your visit!