Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Dancing With The Stars Week 3

Monday bribery- the practice of giving yourself a reward for waking up and surviving a Monday. 



For instance, this past Monday was a Monday. But it did feel just a smidge better knowing that at the end I had a "TV watching, wine drinking, cheese eating" evening planned with my friend S who was in town this week. It was Monday bribery at its finest.

When we were making plans, S asked what good TV was on since we didn't have The Bachelor to watch…. Here's one thing I am extremely proud of and at the same time can never put on my resume... when people ask me what good TV is on I know good and well they are looking for mindless entertainment perhaps with a competition element based on real people…and I come through with a great list of options that make them think they have come to the right place every time. Proud.

On Monday night's agenda…..Dancing With The Stars.

I missed last week due to the Cher concert and I never got caught up. My friend M (who I also got hooked on The Bachelor) told me (via email) that she thinks the show is better live and I have to say, she is completely right. I've never formed those words but I have secretly always known them in my Dancing With The Stars heart. Long story short, I didn't catch up.

What happened this Monday?

Spoiler alert: The guy from Star Wars left voluntarily because he couldn't hack it anymore.

What else happened?

Well for starters this happened….

Home Happy Hours. Wine and cheese with S, Cheers! 

My un-PRO-fessional thoughts on DWTS:
Disclaimer- You may notice some people missing and that is because there are a lot of people I just don't care about right now. If you feel strongly that I missed someone you care passionately about, I am open to hearing your argument. 

Derek and Amy  
  • They showed footage of how she learned to walk again by dancing with her Dad. I'm not going to say I got tears in my eyes and I am not going to say I didn't... 
Val and Winnie Cooper
  • She performed a dance for her son Draco…who was precious. But the entire time I couldn't stop thinking of Draco Malfoy a la "Harry Potter" 
  • I am also wondering if she and Val are the love connection couple to watch. 
  • Oh and Winnie's son was crying when she was done because the music was so loud. She picked him up from the audience and he had a death grip on her and wouldn't let go. She had to carry him over to the judges while she got her scores. It was sad but funny at the same time.
Maks and Meryl
  • Holy hotness their chemistry. And Meryl is an amazing dancer and amazing to watch.
  • I still predict Final 2.
Pro dancer who I don't know her name and Charlie
  • Charlie was precious dancing to "Happy"…I mean precious.
  • He was also wearing "man-pris" aka "capris for men" as my dear friend J used to call them as we wandered around Europe studying abroad. 
  • His hair has also really grown on me since I first saw it debuted at the Olympics. S didn't agree but I told her to just give it time…she'd come around just as I did. 
Mark and DJ Tanner
  • Here's the thing- I thought DJ could dance. She's lacking the dancer flow. 
    • I am also having trouble recalling any specific DJ Tanner dance scenes. Every time I try to recall something I have a flashback to Kelly Kapowski and then I'm like Nope! Wrong show!
  • Regardless I really hope she stays around because every week is like a trip down memory lane:
    • Aunt Becky and Kimmy Gibler came to visit at dress rehearsal
    • Steve and Kimmy Gibler cheered DJ on in the ballroom.
    • Mark and DJ danced to Elvis in honor of Full House. 
  • S and I are holding out for an Uncle Jessie appearance in the near future. 
Cheryl and Drew Carey
  • They were sweet. Drew Carey has lost a lot of weight. 
  • He dedicated his dance to his son and the entire time he was only talking about his son, I kept trying to figure out if he was married..I am still not sure. 

'Til next Monday and next week's ballroom adventures….
start deciding now what your Monday bribery is going to be. 

1 comment:

  1. So you totally left out one of the most important events to ever happen on a Monday night! @abcsdancingwiththestars LIKED your instagram post! I'm SO proud.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Card: Leave a note if you enjoyed your visit!