Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Dancing With The Stars: Disney Night

Disney night should be renamed flashback night. Because apparently when I hear Disney songs, I flashback to all kinds of things in life.

Drew and Cheryl- Aladdin "You Ain't Never Had a Friend Like Me"
  • Drew danced half this dance with his mouth open and I don't know why
  • Lo and behold the Genie appears on the floor. That became more exciting than the dance.
  • Flashback to Jafar. Now I remember why I don't like Aladdin.
Charlie and his no name partner- Mary Poppins "Supercalafragalisticixpialidoshus"
  • Dancing fast with umbrellas. Charlie dropped the umbrella. But you can't be mad at him..because you can't be mad at Charlie. Try it...
See? Doesn't work.
  • Flashback to high school dance team ribbon performances and having the fear of God put into me if I dropped the ribbon.
  • Charlie makes me want to grab a top hat and cane and dance. 
Winnie Cooper and Val- Beauty and the Beast "Be Our Guest"
  • Flashback to being 8 years old dancing with my waiter outfit marching up and down the aisles of for our opening recital dance Be Our Guest. My favorite dance routine ever. I want to be 8 again. 
  • I love the Quickstep. I am dying to learn how to Quickstep. 
  • I had forgotten how much I love this song. Now I remember. Gregg will wish I hadn't been reminded: 

  • I felt like Beauty and the Beast came to life. They were super fun to watch.
Amy and Derek- Cinderella "So This is Love"
  • As usual I am pretty amazed by Amy. 
  • They had the mice at the end. And unlike seeing the Genie, seeing the mice made me want to watch Cinderella.  
Cody Simpson…guy I don't know and his partner I don't know- Lion King "Can't Wait To Be King"
  • Homeboy starts off singing what I can only guess is a new hit off his album. I can also only guess that his girlfriend he had at the beginning is not happy either. 
  • I'm not going to lie, I forgot this song existed.
  • I fast forwarded the judges critique because I just don't care.
Nene and Tony- 101 Dalmations "Cruella DeVil" 
  • So I think Nene liked Derek better as a partner than Tony. I am sensing some drama brewing. 
  • I think Nene thinks this is RHOA. Not DWTS. I think she's confused. 
  • After seeing Nene and Tony, I understand why Cruella DeVil was selected. 
  • They started crying talking to Erin Andrews. And Erin Andrews seemed like a sass. I don't even know what to make of all of this. If I wanted RHODWTS I would've put on Bravo.
James Maslow and Peeta- Frozen "Let it Go"
  • This is just a reminder to me that I need to see this movie. 
  • While watching this I was trying to remember the name Travolta called the singer- yes, Adel Dazim. There we go.
  • Then they reminded us Frozen is now available on DVD and I saw in a flash the entire reason for Disney night. 
Meryl and Maks- The Jungle Book "I Want To Be Like You"
  • I've been staring at Maks all night without a shirt. Can we please just fast forward to them??
  • I think this was a tricky song to do a Samba to and I was really impressed with it. 
  • Basically I could just watch Meryl and Maks dance for an entire hour. 
DJ Tanner and Mark- The Little Mermaid "Under The Sea"
  • I am just not feeling DJ as a dancer. She is lacking something/too stiff/not flowy/I don't know.
  • At the end of watching this I realized this is actually how Ariel would've danced when she first got legs. Note that Ariel was not on DWTS. 
I realized this morning that Gregg walked in and I didn't even pay attention to who got eliminated. Clearly I knew my faves were safe and it's too early to care….

Good-bye Cody Simpson guy I don't know and partner I don't know.

I still love Meryl and Maks. The End. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Card: Leave a note if you enjoyed your visit!