Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Top 30 on the 30th of Analisa’s 30th by Sister of the Blogger

Disclaimer: This was all written by my sister Kristina and copied and pasted into here by me. She even sent me detailed instructions on where to place the pictures. I didn't change anything but you should know it is the greatest thing you will ever read.

Hello world! I’m the sister aka best friend (see below: My Golden Birthday #1). When Analisa started this blog, she brought up the idea of me doing a guest blog post. This morning, I decided today is the perfect day for me to share 30 reasons why I love my sister not just in pictures, but in real life too.

Top 30 on the 30th of Analisa’s 30th
  1. She always takes my side, even when it’s my fault. Messing with 1 Gisin girl really means messing with 2.
  2. She’s purple, I’m pink, and we each have our own corresponding ensemble. 
  3. We send at least 2,475 text message to each other per day. 
  4. She manages to make marriage seem fun and not so much of a ‘Betty Crocker, life is perfect, I married my best friend’ type of situation. 
  5. We are each other’s #1 cheerleader. 
  6. Some people don’t like all things social media, but we do and we’ll shout it from the rooftops.
  7. We joke about how the 2 of us are similar to a ‘weekend hurricane’ when we visit our parents. It’s really the truth. 
  8. When we find out we’re pregnant, we will tell each other before telling our husbands. 
  9. Her 1st Christmas break home from college, she became the funniest person I know and it’s been that way ever since. Most people don’t realize how hilarious she is and she’ll be the first to tell you she doesn’t think she’s that funny, but it’s true. Analisa’s got jokes. LOTS. 
  10. No matter how big or small a crisis may be (overheated radiator, picking between 2 pairs of shoes), she always pulls through. Even if it’s a late response, I know she’s out there. 
  11. We intentionally try to wear matching outfits. 
  12. She’s the older sibling and has to be the responsible one by birth. 
  13. I’m secretly jealous that people always think I’m the older one. She’ll look 50 at 68 and I’ll look 98 when I’m 50. 
  14. We never get tired of each other. Ever. After a 3 hour phone conversation, we send each other text messages about things we forgot to say. 
  15. She isn’t afraid to tell people that I’m a monster when I’m tired and hungry…she’ll also tell people while I’m tired and hungry. Playing with fire.
  16. Even though she’s a Warren, she will always be a Gisin girl. 
  17. She’s Daria and I’m Quinn. 
  18. When we speak in movie quotes, we completely understand what the other is trying to say. 
  19. We secretly wish we could spend the rest of our lives together in a room with white walls and white floors because it would be “total.utter.INSANITY.” 
  20. We have a Super Sister bucket list and it’s fabulous. For example, wear Mom’s old clothes to a Cher concert, attend NKOTBSB in our signature colors (see #2), run the Statesman Capitol 10K and (literally) hold hands while crossing the finish line. 


  21. We use various emojis as a symbol for a particular person, thing, or feeling. There’s 1 for every member of our family (including the dogs) and (our favorite) the cigarette emjoi = “I’m over this”. 
  22. She lets me plan crazy birthday parties for her because she knows I’m obsessed with birthdays.
    Yes that is a button celebrating the Royal Wedding of Will and Kate she is wearing- Birthday party 2011.
  23. We yell and scream at each other, and then 5 minutes later we are best friends. 
  24. She is 150% of the reason why I love my life so much. 
  25. Following in her footsteps has led me to A&M and becoming a Pi Phi. Two of the best decisions I’ve ever made. 
  26. She let me be Barbie while she was Ken…something I’ll still remember in 20 years. 
  27. She created a written application and made our Mom submit it when she wanted to become a ‘Mom Friend’ since we are ‘Sister Friends.’ 
  28. No one has any idea the amount of stuff we accomplish when we go home, most recently saving our dog from having her eye removed. Sheesh. 
  29. She’s the reason our relationship hasn’t waned since she got married. 
  30. She’s my sister, 2nd Mom, therapist, nutritionist, life skills coach, and best friend. She is everything. If you’ve been reading her blog, I’m sure you’ll agree with the majority of these. 


Happy 30th Birthday, to my Giftedly Golden Sister!

2 comments:

  1. This is ridiculously funny. I can hear K's bubbly voice through this entire post! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with my sisters!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Card: Leave a note if you enjoyed your visit!