Monday, April 21, 2014

DWTS: Party Anthem Night

Apparently it is 'Party Anthem Night.' I only figured this out during the judges critiquing Nene and seeing this giant red hair guy named REDFOO talking about 'Party Anthem Night.' I had to fast forward the beginning Party in the U-S-A number because it is 9:30 and I am just now eating dinner and watching DWTS. What does dinner and life at 9:30 look like:

Breakfast of champions right here. While Chloe watches intently and gives herself a bath.
In the words of Fergie, G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S.
Disclaimer: I don't know the actual names of any songs so I am just going to rattle them off the best I can to explain what they are. I am also really tired so I am literally flinging words on to my blog as I watch and try to go to sleep. Because I care that deeply for this show. 

Tony and Nene "Hot in Here" 

  • Here we go again with Real Housewives of Dancing With The Stars Drama. I'm over it. I don't even understand what happened and I am over it. 
  • Nene and Tony started out dancing in the middle of the audience and I actually highly enjoyed some of these audience members thinking they were on DWTA 'Dancing With The Audience'
  • Erin Andrews may be slowly annoying me with her post-dance questions. 
Mark and DJ Tanner "I Don't Care, I Love It" 

  • Can DJ stop talking about being a sexy girl and just dance? JUST. DANCE. DJ. 
  • I liked DJ's dress. I'd like to know where to buy it. 
  • I cannot take this REDFOO guy seriously. 
This just in…next week…Ricky Martin. I am 'Livin La Vida Loca about that. Wasn't he on last year? Ricky must love him some DWTS. 

Peeta and James "You're The One That I Want" Grease
  • Just going into this dance I'm already nervous because I love this song and they better not ruin it.
  • My conclusion: I didn't like it. I was disappointed. 
  • REDFOO says the Quick step was "Quick." This guy. This guy is scoring contestants and determining the next champion of our beloved DWTS. I don't like it one bit. 
Promo on how intense DWTS is for the dancers…some things to note:
  • I am pretty sure Meryl and Charlie literally have nothing to say and are trying to making something up. This is not intense for them. They just won gold in Russia. Again, I repeat, this is not intense for them. 
  • I would give anything to be part of DWTS. Anything. Anything. And I'd never even complain in one of the promos. I would sit there and just freak out that I was there.
  • I just looked up and noticed Macy's flags everywhere and I am super impressed with the marketing efforts behind the Macy's Stars of Dance….which I am now fast forwarding. Why? Please see above and note the time and what I am eating for dinner. No time for this. Must see Meryl and Maks. 
Val and Winnie Cooper "I Wanna Dance With Somebody"
  • Once again, I love this song. Please don't disappoint me. But I think Val won't let me down. 
  • It was good. More discussion of the journey of DWTS.
  • REDFOO didn't even remember to score and just copied Carrie Ann.
  • Did anyone notice Val give a shout out to Winnie's boyfriend? I totes thought he and Winnie were dating. Now I realize why he gave him a shout out. And did you see Winnie's face. I'm gonna guess there is trouble in paradise.
Maks and Meryl "I Feel So Close To You Right Now" 
  • I'm not going to lie, I have always always always thought the judges are harder on Maks than anyone else. 
  • I think Meryl could be the new official DWTS psychologist. She just analyzed Maks more in 10 seconds than anyone ever has the entire 13 seasons he has been on this show. 
  • That dance was awesome. The second the they grabbed hands I knew it was going to be awesome.
  • Len complimented Maks. That never happens. Never.Happens. Never.Happens. 
  • REDFOO says "ET Phone Home." Once again. I am riveted. 
  • PERFECT SCORE. FINALLY. 
  • Confession: I hit rewind and watched it again. Yes, I am fast forwarding nonstop and through Macy's Stars of Dance but I rewatched this performance.  
Cheryl and Drew "Super Freak" 
  • They are really going to do a tango immediately after Maks and Meryl? Is this a joke. 
  • I didn't really watch this dance so I can't provide much commentary. Drew gets an E for Effort though. 
And then I fast forwarded through REDFOO's performance. I did it so fast I didn't know what happened and i didn't rewind to see what happened either. 

Girl I Don't Know and Charlie "Everybody Dance Now" 
  • Charlie using curse words in his pre-footage. I never would've guessed Mr. Mary Poppins used curse words. 
  • Hello flashback: I lip synced this in my 6th grade talent show. It was the performance of my life. 
  • So cute. I heart Charlie. And glow sticks. And this song. And the black light meets neon ending. 
Derek and Amy "Shout"
  • This is my Dad's favorite song in the world. He, Kristina and I may or may not have ended up on the floor at my wedding when it was time for "a little bit softer now…"
  • I honestly could not stop watching Amy's legs. It was the first time we have seen them and I cannot believe they are not her real legs. It is overwhelmingly impressive.
  • It was a good ending to the show.  
Elimination Time….I think this is actually the first elimination I have watched and I am not sure how but it is. So long to Cheryl and Drew. Drew was sweet. He will be missed.

Can we watch more of Maks and Meryl? Can we just have the Maks and Meryl show? I am still dying over their performance. You can watch it here if you missed it: 



Even if you didn't miss it…just watch it again. 
Cheers to Monday, Maks and Meryl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Card: Leave a note if you enjoyed your visit!