Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Cher Dressed To Kill Tour

Everyone needs one person in their life that when you call and say: 
Do you want to see Cher? 
They without hesitation and without judgment say: 
Yes, don't care when it is, yes.
Luckily I have one of those people. She is also my sister.

Shout out to Mom whose closet we raided for these outfits. 
We couldn't have done this without you. 
Kristina and I have been discussing seeing Cher since last August when I heard she was going on tour and heard she was coming here. We made the decision to buy the tickets in January. We then made the decision to each take off Tuesday following the concert. So glad we did because doors opened at 6:30, concert was supposed to start at 7:30 and as we drove up we noticed massive amounts of people outside.

This is what a Cher concert looks like in daylight when they won't open the doors. 
Kristina started checking twitter and found Toyota Center had issued a statement that said:

So we parked the car, put on red lipstick and had two choices.
  • 1) Cut the line
  • 2) Live tweet the experience of standing in a line of angry Cher fans. 
We chose Option 2. We did do a mini cut, I am not going to lie, but it wasn't obvious. I was honestly afraid people would literally cut us for cutting the line. I want you to imagine the people who go to a Cher concert and then imagine them angry. That's all I am going to say about that.

Here are a few of our top tweets and I have to thank Kristina's friends for favoriting and following along during our "Will we get in or won't we get in" dilemma:







It should be noted that Pat Benatar and her husband were the opening act for Cher. Kristina nearly died. It may seem off the wall but Kristina is obsessed with Pat Benatar. She went slightly crazy when she realized Pat Benatar was the opening act. Who knew she performed with her husband though? Not us.

We FINALLY made it in at approximately 8:15pm...

This is what true joy looks like heading up the escalator to our seats. 
We saw Pat Benatar and her husband perform. We sang along to her hits.

Bathroom, overpriced t-shirts, beers, and finding our seats two rows from the top. Check. 
All of a sudden we heard Cher's voice come on over the Toyota Center and say "Hi Everybody. I'm like Christmas. I take forever to arrive and then when I do I am overpriced."

Then Cher took the stage. We nearly died. 

Costume changes. Set changes. This was not a concert. This was an experience. 

The stage that was the reason the concert was delayed. 
So we heard from our reliable t-shirt sales guy...

For the finale Cher flew. She flew. We saw Cher fly. Checking that off the bucket list. 

Finishing the night with a "Believe" finale dance party in the top seats
If Cher goes on tour again for a Farewell, Farewell, Farewell tour…we are there.   

Thank you Kristina, for being that important person in my life, the one I call when I want to see Cher and other important concert performances. 

NKOTBSB
CHER
Who is next??? 

1 comment:

  1. I cannot lie, I listened to 'Love is a Battlefield' by our very own P. Benatar while reading this blogpost. Pat - if you're out there, you are my only reason for living

    ReplyDelete

Comment Card: Leave a note if you enjoyed your visit!