Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Dancing With The Stars: Premiere and Predictions

Dancing With The Stars is back. Mom and I spent the entire evening calling back and forth about performances. I am trying to figure out how exactly I am going to discuss this…so we'll just go with a mash of random thoughts and predictions based on my experience being a loyal fan for many years.



Here's the thing with DWTS- it doesn't get good until a few more weeks. There are too many contestants right now...too many people I don't know and don't care about…and I have to wait through those until the people I do like perform. Here is the line-up if you want to click through and see the cast

Nene Leakes performs with Tony
Prediction: She'll be around for awhile until about the middle. Tony always gets stuck with these ladies. Only one season did he get Melissa Rycroft and that was by default and that's the only time he's been in the finals or won. This season appears it will be same ol' same ol' for Tony.

Winnie Cooper performs with Val (Maks' brother)
Disclaimer: I watched the Wonder Years but was never obsessed. Full House was more our show.
Prediction: She'll last as long as DJ Tanner. She may go home sooner since DJ Tanner may be a more popular adult and get more votes. But I was surprised that Winne Cooper was pretty good.

James Maslow performs with Peeta. 
Disclaimer: Who is this guy?
Prediction: They'll stay around for awhile because they intrigued the audience when they told us they went on a date. But then they are going to get boring.

Sean Avery performs with Karina. 
Disclaimer: The real issue is I have been mentally thinking this is a former Spurs player for a few weeks …either Sean Elliot or Avery Johnson…even though I knew I was wrong the entire time and then I see who it is and I am even more clueless.
Prediction: This person will be out in a week or two.

Billy Dee Williams performs with the girl (whose name I don't know) that performed with Bill Engvall last season. 
Prediction: He did a Star Wars routine to channel his past. He's the Billy Nye of this season and may be around another week.

Meryl Davis performs with Maks.
Disclaimer: I love Maks. And I am a new lover of ice dancing so obviously I love Meryl being his partner and they are already one of my favorites.
Prediction: They cha cha'd and it was amazing. They will win the season. The end.

DJ Tanner performs with Mark Ballas.
Disclaimer. I love Full House and I love DJ Tanner. I was trying to remember all the Tanner sister performances to remember if she was a good dancer. Another I was waiting to see.
Prediction: They'll go until Top 5 or Top 4.

Fun fact: DJ Tanner reveals that in real life she was broken up with by her boyfriend (some guy named Jeremy Miller) so he could go out with Winnie Cooper. In real life. 

Cody Simpson performs with Whitney.
Disclaimer: I do not know either of these people. Cody is a singer/songwriter from Australia whatever that means. Whitney is a new pro.
Prediction: This guy said he has a girlfriend. His partner is single. I'm just saying he'll be gone midway and his parting gift is a new girlfriend.

Raise your hand if at this point you started flipping between Real Housewives of Beverly Hills reunion show and DWTS premiere. Guilty. 

Drew Carey performs with Cheryl Burke.
Disclaimer: I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Cheryl ever since she and Drew Lachey won.
Prediction: People love Drew Carey. They are dancing on a Monopoly board. He's going to be around for awhile.

Amy Purdy performs with Derek.
Prediction: Here's the deal. They never give Derek bad partners therefore they are going far. I predict final three. My mind was also blown watching Amy perform because she has lost both her legs beneath her knees and was doing these dances with two prosthetic legs. Mind.blown.

Diana Nyad performs with newcomer Henry
How you know her: She is the woman who swam from Cuba to Florida last year. They even had her dance to "Beyond the Sea." I don't even know what to say to that...
Prediction: She gave it her all. Sadly, she'll be swimming home next week.

Charlie White performs with Sharna Burgess who I don't know
Disclaimer: I have been super excited to see Charlie perform. Because in case you missed it, I love ice dancing now and am obsessed with him.
Prediction: People are going to love seeing Charlie compete against Meryl and this is going to be a great story all.season.long. I can't predict how far he'll go because I can't figure out how good he is yet. But if he is good, Top 3 and then he and Meryl go head to head to win.

That's it. Premiere night down. What did I learn tonight? 
That you can realistically watch two shows at once with all the "filler stuff" they mix in DWTS.

After Real Housewives Reunion ended, I noticed there is a new show called Southern Charm on Bravo. It's official. I am addicted to horrible television. I hope this can be a safe place where you can admit it if you are too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Card: Leave a note if you enjoyed your visit!