Tuesday, January 14, 2014

El Bachelor Episode 2

Did you see the Golden Globes last night? I feel like I have now spent the past two nights on my couch hanging out with crazy people of the world and truth be told, I have loved every minute of it.

Golden Globes aka The Frat Party I Want to Attend:

  • If I could've sat at anyone's table it would've been The American Hustle table. Yes. 
  • Come on Leo. I pray you get an Oscar nomination and then an Oscar. I am now adding this to my daily prayers. I mean why not?
  • "Get it McConaughey" might have been my favorite quote of the night. 

To set the tone for Bachelor Monday, I showed up to the gym for a cardio class that ended up being a Zumba class. I nearly left. Then decided to stick it out. Then decided halfway through it all made sense since I was heading home to watch El Bachelor.

I think my overall thoughts would best be described in a cheer:

"C-R-A-Z-Y You ain't got no alibi. You're crazy. Yeah Yeah. You're crazy."

  • The entire time Clare was on the first one on one date I was sitting here trying to figure out what location in LA has all these Christmas trees, an ice skating rink and a hot tub. They didn't get in a helicopter, they are supposedly outside in the snow but they really are not. Where are they??
  • Then came the electric run which left me with more questions than answers- specifically, did Juan Pablo and the girl run and finish the race?? They started out running and next thing I know they were at a dance party. This also made me comment on the fact that I have seen a recent trend towards neon parties. Note to self.
  • Group date with the dog calendar. Chloe was pissed.

 By process of elimination of the evening's events, I think this is the point she left to go do this:

Thank you Juan Pablo. Thank you Chloe. I realize the destruction of your aggression was a team effort.
  • Which brings us to all the naked-ness. What is the deal??? I had to cover Chloe's eyes for half the episode. I thought this was good quality reality TV not bad quality reality TV.
  • Which then brings us to the meltdown. The epic meltdown scene with crazy Victoria. The entire time this was going on I was just wondering if this was being filmed in a 24 Hour Fitness or maybe an Equinox. Where did all this gym equipment come from? They seriously walked through the gym 5 times.
  • At some point tonight we saw a commercial for Scientology. If you missed, I highly suggest you go find it and rewatch. Apparently they think the Bachelor viewing audience is a target market. To say I am intrigued by this would be an understatement. I'll stick with Dr. Lou for now.
  • I also saw a commercial with the yellow m&m, Juan Pablo and the staircase where Tierra took her infamous tumble. Or got a black eye. I can't remember. I just remember her on the ground at the bottom of the stairs with EMS. I couldn't stop thinking about that and how I also really wanted some m&m's. 
  • I also saw a commercial for a Lego movie. If a preview for a Lego movie comes on TV and your husband is not around to see it, does it exist/do you have to tell him about it? Thoughts to ponder. 
  • The rose ceremony was crying central. Tons of crying. This made me think that men should have to spend some time during pre-marital counseling in a Bachelor rose ceremony simulation where they have to comfort girls nonstop who are crying. This could do wonders for helping husbands figure out what to do when their wife cries. At the very least it could do wonders for our household for sure. 
  • I think there is still a lot more to come from the Free Spirit.
  • And then there was the ending scene which involved this:

And more specifically this....


Which left Chloe looking like this.... 

Seriously Juan Pablo? Seriously? Ay Yi Yi. 




2 comments:

  1. Obviously the ending scene was the best part :) I've been watching on and off when I can at work. I knew it was a victory when my (male) producer said "oh wait, The Bachelor is on tonight!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it bad that I was shocked the Free Spirit wasn't naked during the rose ceremony? (To be honest, I was more upset because she didn't live up to my expectations.)

    I want to know Free Spirit's annual salary and where I can pick up an application.

    The only way I will see the Lego movie is if: 1) we see it together, 2) with unlimited cocktails, and 3) in a private media room at the Bellagio in Vegas. This is the only way I'll acknowledge its existence as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Card: Leave a note if you enjoyed your visit!