Thursday, January 2, 2014

News To Me: Bowl Week

Gregg has an obsession with sports and an equal if not greater great obsession with Dr. Lou Holtz. This obsession has driven me a bit nutty because I just don't get Dr. Lou. Not for any particular reason I just don't get him.

But then something amazing happened while I was being forced to sit through a bowl game on the couch:

Dr. Lou appeared in a commercial for catholicscomehome.org

And before I could even ask if Dr. Lou was Catholic, Gregg said: "I have told you 100 times that Dr. Lou used to coach Notre Dame. Now you are going to like him??"

No comment. This is news to me people. News to me.

This proves three things:

1. I really have a great ability to tune my husband out. Probably not something to be proud of but it is an ability.
2. I am impressed Catholics have gotten Dr. Lou to be our spokesperson.
3. I am easily persuaded and probably do like him a little bit more now.

Have you seen these commercials? Are you forced to also sit through bowl games if you want to see your significant other all week? Did you know Dr. Lou is Catholic?  

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Card: Leave a note if you enjoyed your visit!