Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow Day- Take Dos

Yesterday we had another snow day…or ice day… or just cold day depending on who you talk to around here. I'm not going to complain or lie- I enjoyed it. I would like more of them please.

What did I do that I enjoyed so much? That would be nothing actually. I drank coffee and read my latest Oprah magazine. Chloe also kept me company for the day.

Okay I am lying. I did do one thing productive and I went down to our apartment gym. My chiropractor has given me all these new strength training weight exercises he wants me to do and I have two pages of notes detailing how to do these based on his instruction at his office.

[Disclaimer: Weights intimidate me. Strength training intimidates me. I have been told by my chiropractor I do not have a choice and have to get over this. Stay tuned for more on me conquering this issue. Knowing me, I am pretty sure this adventure is not over.]

I have been quite intimidated to actually take these notes and go to the gym. Why? That would be because I feel like a huge loser walking in with my handouts complete with stick figure drawings and explanations only I understand because I did them…yet I still don't really know what I am doing.

I mean look at them. They scream LOSER and they scream I have no artistic abilities when drawing a person and a giant ball. 

I figured yesterday would be safe because there wouldn't be anyone there and I could sit and figure these exercises out.

So I did. I was actually pretty proud of myself because there were other people in the gym but I put on my headphones and with pop music in my ears I zoned out into my own world. A world where I was laying on the ground with a medicine ball trying to figure out ab exercise diagrams I had drawn on sheets of paper several weeks ago. I would've taken a picture but a) that is strange and b) I was doing good to not severely injury myself while straining my neck to look at the paper and crunch at the same time.

Did this idea work? Well I am still scared to go do these at the actual big gym but I am slightly less scared.  I think I also realized that even at the gym it all comes down to the cardinal rule of life, you have to fake it 'til you make it. If you just zone out into your own world and pretend you know what you are doing, people are going to pay a lot less attention to you than you think….and dare I say they may even mistake you for someone who understands what they are doing?

Don't be concerned though…the second that was over this was happening once again on my couch:

Solving the problems of the world with Chloe & Oprah. We make an unstoppable trio.

1 comment:

  1. This is what you were doing all day while I was stuck at school when they decided to give us the day off. Literally stuck.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Card: Leave a note if you enjoyed your visit!