Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Adios 2013. Bon Jour 2014.

I don't believe in New Years resolutions. There I said it. I don't. I believe if someone wants to make a change in their life then just make it. You don't have to wait to start until January 1. Want to start a diet October 12? Go ahead. Want to be more organized December 12? Go for it. With that being said though here I am...starting a blog as a kick-off to 2014. 

And how did I kick-off 2014? First by spending the evening with my parents and Gregg at a wedding for a friend of mine since kindergarten. After getting home at 11:30pm we counted down to 2014 with chips, queso and champagne in the kitchen with my parents. Since Gregg and I spent Christmas with Gregg's family, we kicked off 2014 with a belated Christmas celebration with my parents and headed to sleep around 2:30am. 

Looking back 2013 was a big year and I think I underestimate that: Gregg graduated with his MBA. We moved from Austin to Houston in June because of Gregg's new job. I started a new job as the public relations manager for a nonprofit organization. I was sad to leave Austin. When we moved there in the fall of 2011, I didn't think that phrase was possible but two years later here I am saying it. I made some amazing friends there who I know will be friends for life. People I can laugh with, people who care about me and people who I know I can count on no matter what the future holds. Even after moving, it is still amazing to me that in a place that was only meant to be temporary, I met some of the greatest people of my life. 

It has been a year of change, a year of transition, a year of saying good-bye and a year of saying hello. As we are settling into 2014, I am excited for what is in store with this guy by my side as we explore the many photo booths of our future together. 

Adios 2013.You were good to us. 



1 comment:

  1. I love the photo booth line-Sunny hates photo booths :(

    ReplyDelete

Comment Card: Leave a note if you enjoyed your visit!