Friday, January 10, 2014

A Life Break in Vegas

 "Man I really like Vegas" -Elvis Presley

I have to ditto Elvis on this one. I heart Las Vegas. I do. It may be silly but I call it Disney World for adults. It is the only place you could book a flight to on a Friday without a plan and have any kind of vacation you want before heading back Sunday-

Want to relax in a spa all weekend? Done. Want to shop all weekend? Done. Want to party nonstop all weekend? Done. Want to be a tourist all weekend? Done. You get the picture.

So while it was still the holiday season and we were able to take time off Gregg and I headed to Las Vegas!

Viva Las Vegas!
We stayed at Paris Hotel. We ate. We drank. We didn't gamble much but I did win $6.46 and I quit while I was ahead. That's two Starbucks drinks right there. We saw a show. It wasn't a long trip but it felt like we were gone forever. That is the thing about Las Vegas- you can't stay too long. 2 -3 nights is about the max you can take. But it is the perfect amount for a quick "life break."

There is so much to enjoy in Las Vegas. Partying, gambling, eating, drinking but you cannot forget the hotels. Las Vegas has incredible hotels and they are all located on The Strip making it easy to pop in and out, to see and be seen. I was thrilled when I realized we would be there when they were still decorated for the holidays. So whether you've ever been to Vegas or not, hopefully these pictures and descriptions of my "so not an expert" thoughts will give you a glimpse and inspire you to book a trip very very soon!

Paris- 
for those who have been to the city of Paris or not. But probably better if you haven't because otherwise you spend the time wishing you were in Paris and then realize you very much aren't.  

Bon Jour. Checking-in to Paris Hotel. Chandelier. Artwork.
It is like you are visiting Versailles, but in Vegas.  

Cosmo Hotel-
So swanky. So fun. A Vegas hotel with a different kind of feel. The best pictures I have involve drinks with our good friends A & J who were also visiting Vegas at the same time as us. There was football for boys, gossip and cosmos for girls. Everyone was happy.




Bellagio- 
if you travel to Las Vegas with my family, you will stay at the Bellagio. My dad has brainwashed all of us into having a love affair with the fountains. Mesmerized. Hypnotized. They are amazing and being able to see them from your room as we got to do on one family vacation cannot be beat. 

Bellagio Conservatory. Grand tree for a grand centerpiece. 

No Christmas display is complete without a train. 
Loving the Coca-Cola bear representation at the Bellagio.
While you wait in line to check-in at Bellagio you can witness an
entire magical winter wonderland in the background. 

Caesar's Palace-
will always have a soft spot in my heart because it is where Dad and I saw Celine Dion as a gift for my 21st birthday. It is massive. It has everything you could need. Shops. Restaurants. Bars. Shows. Transporting you to a world of Greek Gods but in a classy way. Not easy to do. Plus it is the site where The Hangover was filmed. Reason enough to rank it a top choice. 

Caesar's Lobby fountain Greek Gods decked out for the holidays. 
The grand lobby at Caesar's Palace. Artwork. Decor.
You feel like you've entered a grand palace the moment you enter.

The Venetian- 
I have never stayed here. It is on my "list." It is similar to Caesar's in that it is a one stop for everything. Amazing shopping. Restaurants. Plus the amazing Grand Canal that allows you to take a boat through the middle of the hotel. You could get lost in your own hotel. Plus it is home to the famous TAO. Reason enough to visit. 

Welcome to Winter in Venice at The Venetian
A view of the Venice canals. 
Setting up for the Winter in Venice nightly party.
I am very intrigued by how awesome this nightly party probably is leading up to Christmas. 
65 ft Christmas tree lit up every night. 
The famous TAO.
Even though it may not be in the lobby of the Venetian, it has it's own lobby worth seeing...and it is freaking TAO. I have only visited one time and it was with my family. Yes- Mom, Dad and Kristina...I will just let that sink in for a minute. It is an entire story of itself. 
Palazzo lobby. Attached to the Venetian. A little more secluded it feels very luxurious. Grand and exquisite.

Wynn & Encore-
Both places at the top of my "list" that I want to stay. Gorgeous lobbies. A little further up on the strip. Similar to Bellagio in architecture but with a different vibe. I am counting down to visiting for one of the infamous Encore pool parties sometime in the summer.
It is SO going to happen.

Moving carousel in the Wynn lobby made entirely of flowers.
Entirely of flowers. Let it sink in for a minute. 
Similarities to the Bellagio Conservatory. Can't even capture the beauty of the walk through of holiday decor.
Views from the top of the Parasol outside upon the Lake of Dreams.  
Hot air balloon made of flowers.
Majestic Christmas trees. Larger than life ornaments. I can only imagine what the inside looks like. 
Attention to detail even on the floor. Loving the tile butterflies. 
How do you get from the top of the Parasol to the bottom of the Parasol.
Two grand curved escalators of course.


Aria-
Kind of reminds me of where the Jetsons lived. I seriously expected them to come flying around the enormous futuristic exterior of the hotel at any moment. Another one on my list to stay.
Center of the Shops at Crystals.
The outside of Aria is insanely huge. Meet George Jetsen.
Overwhelmingly huge. And amazing. And overwhelming.
It is impossible to capture it all in pictures. 
Rudolph with your nose so bright inside the lobby of Aria. 
Bells. Trees. A perfect depiction of the Christmas season.

Like I said above, my entire family has all been brainwashed to love the Bellagio fountains. So in my book whether you stay here or not, no trip is complete without seeing them.
A personal family favorite.  


Viva Las Vegas! And if you need someone to go with you, know that I am always available!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Card: Leave a note if you enjoyed your visit!