Thursday, May 22, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Easter

I am very, very behind on a lot of really important moments I want to remember and I know you want to read- it seems that if work gets crazy then so does life until your head is spinning out of control. Feast or famine all the time with that stuff. That being said, I plan to spend the next couple of weeks slowly catching up and in true Analisa fashion I have even made a list to keep myself on track:
  • Easter
  • Washington DC with LC and JC (not the JC in the sky)
  • Culture Thursdays with S
  • My 30th Birthday weekend with Kristina in town 
  • Friends and Fundraisers 
  • Virginia weekend wedding vacation
  • Baby Shower-ing
  • Mother's Day Snippets
  • Chloe discovers a ladder
  • College besties reunion weekend   
Easter weekend April 18-20, 2014

Easter is like the mother ship of Catholicism. It's a 4 night/day event. If you are Catholic you go big or go home at Easter. But here's the thing, contrary to what you may believe...
 
Good Friday is not a Holy Day of Obligation I am not exactly the best at holy days of obligation but this fact kind of blows my mind because I really always thought it was on the list.

Regardless though, Kristina nor I made it to church Friday. What were we doing all day?
  • We were dealing with a dog crisis.
  • And we were eating pizza. We somehow managed to eat pizza for every meal and not on purpose:
Friday Reason: No meat and when you hate fish that leaves limited options every Good Friday.


Saturday: We pretty much stayed in our PJs all day and did a lot of nothing. Gregg did arrive around 2pm, he and Dad made their usual trek to have Manhattans and see some action movie and when they returned, Kristina, Gregg and I headed to the mall for one VERY intense hour because I had to find a dress for our upcoming luncheon. I am talking the kind of trip where you walk in, zero in on only the dresses, get cutthroat in the dressing room and get out....

When you are too busy doing this and not thinking about food until 9:30pm which is SERIOUS danger zone for feeding Kristina...

That leaves pizza pick up round 2.

Easter Sunday: Kristina, Gregg and I all met Papa at church, looking very dapper and saving us some seats in his pew. After church we dropped Papa off, headed to pick up our "Easter to go food" at Maggiano's and then went back to pick up Papa and take him to our house.

Well we sort of arrived at Maggiano's around 10:30 because we had all been to church way earlier than normal since we were going with Papa. Maggiano's doesn't open until 11 and said our food wouldn't be ready until 11:30. So what is there really to do to occupy the time except...

Easter Sunday Mimosas and Bloody Marys at Stonewerks
We came...

 We saw....
We left...

We were, are and continue to be people on a mission at all times when we are home. The bar staff was actually sad to see us go and honestly we were sad to leave too.

As always though, it just goes to show that the most unexpected moments in an otherwise planned out day can be the most fun. It's a lesson I am constantly learning and constantly trying to remember as I get nervous about plans and things falling into place. Embrace the unexpected.

But one thing that is not unexpected- my favorite Easter candies that are on my list every year. I take great joy in knowing every Easter, this is happening:

Hershey's candy coated eggs and Peeps....you either love them or hate them.
Cheers to learning to embrace the little surprises and unexpected moments with the people we love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Card: Leave a note if you enjoyed your visit!