Wednesday, May 21, 2014

DWTS Finale: Why I Love This Dancing Show

I have been incredibly excited about the Dancing With The Stars finale all day. So excited that at approximately 4:50pm when I ran into our CEO in the hall and she said how are you doing Analisa in a friendly way since she was leaving…naturally I responded by saying….
In a really great mood because Dancing With The Stars Finale is tonight.
I know. I know. I know. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME! It was like one of those moments that as it was happening I couldn't believe it was happening and then I even stunned myself trying to figure out how to recover. Luckily I thought to say: Do you watch the show? And even though she responded saying she didn't, she asked me about Amy Purdy, if she was still around and we talked about her dancing on her prosthetics.

BUT STILL. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME. I don't even know. I am so into this season that it is clearly making me delusional.

I know I am kind of in a bit of a minority of friends and people I know who watch this show other than my mom and honestly that is fine by me. It's Mom and me every Monday night, tuning in to watch this show. Not even Dad and Kristina watch it. They both have tried and both of their responses on watching are something along the lines of I tried I just can't get into it. 

But Mom and me. Lifelong fans. This is our thing.

Why? In 10 Reasons Here Goes:

  1. We love dancing. Period. We love dancing and we love watching dancing.
  2. We get to know the cast throughout the season and we slowly fall in love with them. And then we proceed to talk about them to each other like we know them. (Trying to one up each other) 
  3. The show is like being at a party every Monday night. It's upbeat. It's peppy. It's reality TV fun.
  4. After watching practically every season, we feel like we know the pros. And we love them too. 
  5. We know Bruno is hilarious. We know Len is tough. We know you do not do any sort of lift in front of Carrie Ann or she will dock you. 
  6. When each new season starts, it's like welcoming back old friends into the living room. 
  7. The show is simple. People dance. They get judged. People vote. Contestants get voted off. Sometimes the results make us mad. Sometimes we agree. But it has a rhythm and it makes sense.
  8. We hear songs that trigger memories of old dance team routines, dance recitals, carpool trips, the list goes on…and when it happens, it's fun for us.
  9. Maybe we secretly wish we were out there dancing too? And though it would take a miracle, maybe someday we will be! 
  10. At the end of the day, even when people are asking me why I am so into this show or have a funny look on their face when I mention it, I may rattle off my love of dancing, my love of reality TV but I know deep down it's because it's mom's and my show. 

And tonight, after reuniting with all of our faves, talking about the finale all day on the phone and over texts, and being the only two members of our family to watch, another season ends and another champion is crowned….and it's the couple we were rooting for….MAKS & MERYLl!   

Hooray!! Maks' 1st Mirror Ball Trophy! Our favorites all season!
We are PUMPED!!! 
And one last note before signing off my DWTS recapping until the Fall...because you all need to see this delightful dance number to my new favorite summer song Classic. I know deep down Gregg really enjoys the amount of time this song has been blared in the car and our apartment recently:


 Stay classic and keep dancing my friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Card: Leave a note if you enjoyed your visit!