Monday, February 9, 2015

Addicted to Say Yes to the Dress

Can someone tell me what it is about Say Yes To The Dress that is so freaking addicting? I don't know but here I am Sunday morning putting it on while I eat my breakfast and next thing I know I've watched three episodes. Then I start cleaning the apartment but keep getting distracted needing to know if the girl found a dress. I don't even know. But regardless this is me:


Not really, I am not wandering around my apartment in a wedding dress but I am dying to know what it is that makes it so addictive. Having just gone through this with my own sister the Bride to Be, I have a couple observations:

  • In some cases I am so in shock by how opinionated the family members are to the point of being borderline rude. 
  • In some cases I am in shock by how much brides want to be wearing practically lingerie as a wedding dress. It's a wedding dress. 
  • Once you meet the brides and their families, you're committed, you're in it and you've gotta see this through.
  • I always wonder if they won't be able to make them happy in the end. But alas, Randy always knows. He always knows. But how does he know?
  • Do you think they have to take a test to learn all the dresses? Where is the giant warehouse they trudge through to get the dresses?
  • In the end, I secretly get excited knowing they have found their wedding dress and watching the connection between trying on the dress and deciding it is the one. 
  • I am sucker for a happy ending. 
Who knows what it is, but I may or may not need a support group. I am addicted. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh aren't we all! It's like House Hunters; it sucks you in until the end. Max thinks it's only because I'm getting married. But I try to explain to him I was addicted long before I got engaged and will be long after the wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Card: Leave a note if you enjoyed your visit!