Monday, May 12, 2014

DWTS Semi-Finals aka The Greatest Hits of My Life

This morning I saw an advertisement that The Bachelorette begins next week….which I can't believe it's already time for another train wreck of a season to begin but it also means that DWTS is ending. I was highly confused and then they announced tonight is the Semi-Finals. I am still confused because The Bachelorette airs at the same as DWTS. 

Round 1:

Charlie White & Girl I Don't Know
  • They danced to my most favorite Frank Sinatra song "New York, New York" 
  • I was smiling so big as I sat all alone in my apartment. I mean look at these pictures and try not smiling:
 

It's Up to You New York, New York.
You can't not smile. You can't do it. 

Derek & Amy Purdy 
  • They danced to another one of my top lifetime songs "You Can't Hurry Love" 
  • Amy did this fast dance with her "running legs" and I sat the entire time with my mouth dropped. 

Then they announce that Meryl & Maks are in jeopardy. And Peeta and James are safe. WHAT!!! OUTRAGED. Even Charlie's face can't help matters. 

Peeta & James
  • I will not admit I slightly enjoyed this dance being to Michael Jackson because I am outraged. 
  • OUTRAGED. 
  • They scored four 10s. I quit.
No not really. I don't quit. I am still here because here comes my favessssss…

Maks & Meryl 
  • Elvis "You Ain't Nothin' But A Hound Dog" 
  • It was precious. I loved it. It made me want to go jive around my apartment. 



Try looking at these and not want to hop and twirl around your own house. 
Then the pro stars danced to this song which is one of my new favorites on the radio and I nearly died. I will not even lie. I was absolutely 100% dancing around my living room by myself. And then I played the song again. And then I found it on You Tube because I couldn't find the DWTS performance clip. 
DYING!!!!



Round 2: DING DING DING! 

Mark & DJ Tanner 
  • Danced to Janet Jackson "Nasty"
  • PEOPLE I AM DYING!!!! These are all my favorite songs.
  • DJ is not really doing Janet justice and that just upsets me.
  • She got two 9's and 2 10's. One of the 10's from Len. My theory: It was already announced she is going to the finals so her scores are pointless so he gave her a 10. Len gives no one a 10.
Girl I Don't Know & Charlie White 
  • Danced to "Mo' Money Mo' Problems"
  • I spent most of the song trying to figure out what age I was when this song came out.
  • Carrie Ann said "I Wanna Live In Charlie's World" -- me too! It's all smiles.
  • He gets four 9's. I seriously am mad. MAD MAD MAD. 
 Derek & Amy Purdy
  • Their jazz dance kind of reminded me of something out of Chicago. 
Peeta & James
  • Dancing to Islands in the Stream. Only the #1 most performed song of Kristina and my childhood. And these two are dancing to it. I can't. Let's just fast forward to Maks & Meryl.
Okay finally they just said dance for the mirrorball next Tuesday. 
I am still confused by next week's schedule.

Maks & Meryl
  • They danced the Viennese watch. They are perfection. 
  • I really like Meryl's sparkly denim shirt and would kind of like one for myself. 
Final elimination time. 
  • In my opinion with all three Olympians being in jeopardy is about as staged as Manziel being drafted so late in the draft. Ratings. Fixed. 
  • Amy Purdy is safe and at that moment I know that Charlie White is going home. And I am deeply saddened. 
  • And it is announced. It is final. Charlie and Girl I Don't Know are going home. And he is so gracious. And he announces he is Team Meryl. And he is even more precious. 
Schedule For Next Week:
  • Monday: DWTS Freestyle dances at 7pm
  • Monday: Bachelorette following. Not that anymore cares but this is good because I have a meeting from 6-8pm and have been freaking out about missing Bachelorette premiere. 
  • Between these two shows, what in the world am I going to blog about???? Stay tuned.
  • Tuesday: DWTS Finale. 
Sigh. Charlie White I heart you. I am going to go buy tickets to watch you dance on ice asap and attempt to drag Gregg. Sigh. Sad night.
My predication, final two will be Maks & Meryl and Derek & Amy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Card: Leave a note if you enjoyed your visit!