Thursday, May 15, 2014

#AnalisasBurning30

In case you are new to my blog (in which case welcome) or are living under a rock (in which case welcome back to reality) you would know that I turned 30 a couple weeks ago. 30. Yet I still got carded at HEB for buying a bottle of wine Mother's Day weekend. Sigh.

With my big monumental birthday came the great decision of whether or not to have a birthday party. Personally I was not that into the idea. Not because I don't like birthday parties but because I just moved here less than a year ago and it's not like I know a ton of people or even have favorite places I would want to go. All decent reasons and excuses except to one person…

My sister Kristina. 
Kristina loves other people's birthdays nearly more than her own. She is the ultimate celebrator. She lives to celebrate life events no matter if it's a wedding, a birthday party or even just a Wednesday. Because of this, it actually makes perfect sense that she started an Etsy shop where the motto is "because life's too short to not have party favors"

So what started as my simple "wine and cheese night" of an idea evolved into this:

Glow headbands, glow bracelets, glow sticks galore,
Analisa’s turning 30 – need we say more?

'Under the Volcano' is where it will be,
8:30 pm, please RSVP

Leave your dog, your Chloe, and Debbie Downer at home,
Help her turn 30, she can't do this alone! 

Laughing, dancing, and singing she might, 
So click on the 'yes, I'll help light up the night'! 

NOTE: When referring to this event on any major social media outlet, please use the he hashtag: #AnalisasBurning30

My sister is kind of a party planning genius. Kristina turned my descent into 30 into an over the top party with koozies, glow sticks and my signature cookie cake from Great American cookie company. Yes, there is a story behind that but it's another story for another time. 

Official #AnalisasBurning30 koozies with glowsticks 
30 candles. That will definitely make you feel old really quick. Sidenote- I have been known to pitch a fit over my cookie cakes. This one was definitely up to my standards. Again, another story for another time.

Light up Lei. With my fancy drink courtesy of my DC bestie and former roomie LC. There are not many people that would call the bar where your party is scheduled to pre-order a special drink and bottle of champagne for your 30th birthday. LC is one of them. I am kind of really luck to know her. 
Old Pi Phi friends turned new Houston friends. Getting together with them feels like we are back in college. Also a bonus that they all know Kristina too as the little Pi Phi who I introduced during rush week 2005 by saying "she sits at the cool table during lunch" as one of her positive qualities. Kristina also wreaked havoc on her head pledge trainer who is 4th from the left yet still somehow loves her today.  
My Bachelor watching Monday night wine and cheese pal S was in town and celebrated with me too! Sidenote- my head looks like it's on fire.
Of course no party planned by Kristina is complete without Husband-Wife duo shots. Pictures captured by one of Kristina's friends as she watched this insanity. 
We are kind of a mess.
And captured in real life is my official bossing Gregg around face in photos 5 & 6. 
Since he never reads my blog I am putting this photo on here of him.  Love you husband!
Thanks for turning 30 first. 
Such a good sport to put up with his sister-in-laws antics in honor of his wife. And to not kill her for the photo collage she compiled of him partaking in the fun!

For some reason I have zero pictures of all Kristina's wonderful friends who not only came out to celebrate with me but even helped Kristina with some party planning assistance. They are the best! 

I turned 30 and I survived. It was a wonderful evening full of friends both new and old and I felt so loved! Thank you to everyone who came by for sharing this evening with me. On a big birthday where I didn't think it would be very eventful, my sister pulled through and made it oh so special. 

Cheers to sisters!  Love you Kristina!
(Also thinking this may need to be one of our Christmas card pics this year…I mean how many times can you really see us posed in front of the Christmas tree?)
Time for my shameless sister plug: There is truly no one who loves celebrating the big moments in other people's lives more than Kristina. It is so fitting she created an etsy shop to share that joy and help others to celebrate their big moments too. If you need something crafty no matter how big or how small, check our KraftinK

Thank you Kristina for a wonderful 30th birthday party! You are the best and you are my best! 

4 comments:

  1. OMG there really is an ETSY page...that is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes there is! Available for all your party planning needs- you still have time to place order for Ava's 1st birthday koozies...haha!

      Delete
  2. #AnalisasBurning30

    Best 30th birthday I have ever been to!!!! Can't wait for next years 30 for 30(1)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha let the countdown and costume making begin!

      Delete

Comment Card: Leave a note if you enjoyed your visit!