Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Ice Dancing's #1 Fan Overnight

I haven't blogged much (or at all) about the Olympics because to be honest I have only been quasi-watching. I put it on in the evenings when there isn't something else I really need to be watching or catching up on and I usually only put it on in the background. I had yet to really "get into it" until last night….

Meryl Davis and Charlie White realize they've won
Photo credit via FOX News
The Bachelor was over. I flicked on to the Olympics and started watching Ice Dancing. I still don't even know what Ice Dancing is but I do know it sounds similar to figure skating but a little more fun and a little more realistic as a possible "Analisa Olympic Talent." Because yes that is a requirement for me to love an Olympic event- envisioning myself doing it- since we all know that's going to happen someday.

There I was watching the judges critique things like "twizzles." And I got even more intrigued. 


NOT Twizzlers. 

Twizzles. Spins. Turns. On ice skates. Together. In unison. Fancy turns. On ice skates.

Regardless, I flipped from The Bachelor and watched the final three teams perform. One was really good. They took the 1st place spot. One was so-so and then I started hearing that the USA still had to go. In an instant I became seriously patriotic and seriously competitive:


I watched as Meryl Davis and Charlie White ice danced the dance of their life and took the gold. And as usual when these big moments happen…I have now become obsessed with Ice Dancing and obsessed with the newest Gold Medal Olympians Meryl Davis & Charlie White.

In case you also become randomly obsessed with things like this and then want to know everything you can, in a short amount of time, to impress everyone you know…here are a few links you can read to quickly absorb some insider information. I promise to tell no one. Your secret is safe with me.

People Magazine: 5 facts to know about Meryl Davis and Charlie White and if People thinks you should know these 5 things, then you should know these 5 things 

USA Today: How they have known each other since they were 9 years old

Buzzfeed: An easy with pictures step by step guide to getting to know them

People Magazine: Talking about their Moms, their #1 fans who matched them together to compete when they were little

Good Morning America: Hear and see them in this great interview

Tonight is ladies figure skating. Say it with me now, U-S-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Card: Leave a note if you enjoyed your visit!