Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Home Happy Hours

About Me Disclaimer: I am horrible at being creative and will never provide you a good DIY project. My life doesn't look like a Pinterest board that I would advise anyone to replicate. I steal other people's fashion advice meaning I have none of my own to give out. But how to have happy hour at home? This is the kind of nonsense I promise you will always find here. 

Yes this photo was taken at Halloween time. No, unfortunately I am not stocked on candy corn year round. 
While Gregg was busy in his MBA program getting an MBA, I was busy befriending girls in his program who were not only getting an MBA too but also watching The Bachelor. One of the girls, S, moved to Houston as well for her job so I have gotten to keep up the tradition a smidge when she is in town and not traveling. Last night she came over because she hadn't watched The Bachelor and once I finished an after work interview taping, I had no plans...so duh I wasn't going to say no to REwatching The Bachelor with wine. Here's the thing, I will pretty much watch or rewatch anything reality TV related with anyone anytime if there is wine involved. 

It was a "late night" viewing beginning at 8:30. Just in time for a late night home happy hour….a kind of happy hour I have grown to love. Don't get me wrong, I still love going out for happy hours but home happy hours should not be overlooked.

Think about the effort it involves:

Get dressed up? No. You can change out of your work clothes and have on pajamas for all I care. At my home happy hours, the comfier the better. 

Clean the house? I prefer to say "clean" because let's just lay it out there, I don't have a maid and if we are good enough friends that we are doing a home happy hour then we are good enough friends that you are going to see what our apartment looks like on a Tuesday….meaning there is a 50/50 chance this place is a disaster. Gregg often works late and is literally like a brain dead tornado when he comes home. Sometimes I can manage the fall out from the tornado and sometimes I don't have time. Often in the afternoon when I am at work and we are planning a home happy hour, I don't even know what my house is going to look like until I arrive home. It's an adventure for all of us. 

Waste time trying to figure out a good happy hour location and/or deal? Not necessary. I provide wine, along with a couch and television full of mindless reality TV shows I am behind on to watch while we chat. 

No one gets off work in time for happy hour? No problem. Come whenever. Come looking however. Pick up food. Eat my food. I don't care. You never miss the deal at a home happy hour.



There you have it, go forth and host your own home happy hour. And the next time you may get off work after happy hour ends or feel lazy and don't want to get dressed up, consider yourself invited to a home happy hour with me.

My next dabble into the home happy hour is the long distance happy hour. I have so many friends who live all over that I think this could have real potential.  

 




1 comment:

  1. I like this idea of a long distance happy hour! Must know more!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Card: Leave a note if you enjoyed your visit!