Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Nonstop 30th Weekend of Fun

Here I am still playing catch up on my list of moments worthy of a story in your fanciest local hotel lobby. And now I am even adding some to it…namely my family's recent trip to Las Vegas. But being the particular person that I am, I feel I must go in order: 
  • Easter
  • Washington DC with LC and JC (not the JC in the sky)
  • Culture Thursdays with S
  • My 30th Birthday weekend with Kristina in town 
  • Friends and Fundraisers 
  • Virginia weekend wedding vacation
  • Baby Shower-ing
  • Mother's Day Snippets
  • Chloe discovers a ladder
  • College besties reunion weekend 
  • Las Vegas 
Kristina was in town for the big #AnalisasBurning30 party but you should know that Kristina never just comes into town. It is never a low-key weekend. It is hit the ground running, go go go nonstop, party 'til you drop and then she leaves. It is not for the weak. She is also like a Hurricane in our apartment. Gregg is still trying to understand all of this. 

Gregg surprisingly didn't have to work the morning after my birthday party so we went to brunch just the two of us while Kristina went to watch her friends in a charity flag football game, Blondes vs. Brunettes. Afterwards we were killing some time and wandered around Hermann Park. It was simple and lame and fun all at the same time. You only have a window of time to wander around a park in Texas and we were flirting with the end of that window. 




Then we met Kristina and her friends at this random bar I have never been to and most likely will never go to again. I walked in and felt like I was straight up at a frat party. Outside it was broad daylight and inside there was music bumping, kegs being floated and absolute frat party madness. It was hilarious for this newly turned 30 year old. 

Sisters with Sister SS who we have adopted as honorary twin sister to Kristina. You may recognize her from Culture Thursdays…this was a LONG way from Culture Thursdays. 
Then we went to a bar in Midtown to spend the rest of the day outside at a picnic table. We went to a bar where you can control the music from your iPhone and purchase songs. Kristina got way too into this excitement purchasing everything from Frozen's "Let it Go" to the Aggie War Hymn. 

Sing it Sister. 

Boyfriend J was busy trying not to die from the spicy crawfish. Disgusting crawfish in my eyes. 

You can notice Sister C singing along next to her. That is our honorary middle sister. 

There is truly only one Kristina. 
And on a rare Saturday off for him, I have to say there is only one guy who could put up with this weekend of insanity- this guy right here. 
Needless to say when Kristina departed on Sunday, we needed a nap. 

2 comments:

  1. It is officially hurricane season, and still no Kristina in Houston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #greatestblogcommentever I am going to remember this one!!

      Delete

Comment Card: Leave a note if you enjoyed your visit!