Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Grocery Store Trauma

Tonight I was at the grocery store because I don't feel good...my head is full of pressure that is shifting between my ear and my head and back again. I realize my ear is on my head but I have no way to differentiate that so just go with it. It is a fun time. All I wanted to eat was some Rotisserie Chicken Salad from HEB. Sidenote- this stuff is delish.

But I was checking out and the cashier was helping the guy in front of me. Their exchange began with a question I am asked every time I check out at the store. And it went something like this while I waited for my turn:

Cashier: Thanks for shopping at HEB today. Did you find everything you were looking for?

<Me: zoned out>

Guy: No actually.

<Me: zoned in>

Cashier: Oh I am sorry to hear that. Can I ask what you weren't able to find?

Guy: Pillsbury frozen pie crust. You only have the organic stuff. And I looked. You never have what I need. Always having to go elsewhere. And I try to come back here. I do. But you never have everything I need.

And the guy proceeded to just complain, complain, complain about HEB not having things and all of his complaints were rooting from the Pillsbury frozen pie crust. I was kind of dying on the inside. Mainly because I never think twice when answering that question- it's always yes and I move on to checking out my groceries and leaving the store. If I am frustrated enough to not be able to find something then I go find someone and ask them where it is...I don't wait and hold it all inside until the cashier asks his "opening line."

Here is my rule of thumb in dealing with cashiers: This cashier is just doing his job and his job is to be nice- so be nice back. So complicated.

But apparently people have very strong opinions about grocery stores, the people in them and the people who work in them.

Case in point:




But the best is this article by Buzzfeed

Apparently I have only begun to scratch the surface of grocery store irritation among all of us....but have you ever seen anyone respond no they couldn't find what they were looking for?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Card: Leave a note if you enjoyed your visit!