Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Case for Online Shopping

I know this may sound awful and lame of me, but I really don't like the mall. Let me be clear here- I do not dislike shopping, I just dislike the mall.

Here are the thoughts of anxiety that go through my mind when I realize I have to go to the mall to get something:

  • Panic over parking
  • Confusion over where to go once I get there as crowds of people stand between me and my purchase 
  • Annoyance over long lines of people at registers
  • Even more annoyance over the inefficiency of people working those registers 
  • Frustration because I can't remember the links I saw online am trying to find in the store. 
  • Anger when my cell service doesn't work meaning I can't look online to see which items I was trying to find in store. 
  • Irritation because of the waste of my time this "fun experience" has been.
  • Exhaustion when I got home as I promise to never return again. 
My Sunday went something a little bit like that....because consider this a newsflash/PSA/news you can use:

If you purchase items from JCrew Factory you cannot return them to a JCrew store. 

You have the following options:
  1. pay to ship them back yourself 
  2. have the cost of shipping deducted from the return you are owed 
  3. find a JCrew Factory store and return them yourself. 
I discovered these options after dealing with first Annoyance over the two people behind the register ignoring me and taking 10 minutes both helping the one customer before getting around to me. Then there was the panic over parking to get to that JCrew in the first place. Then the confusion of figuring out where to go in order to get to that JCrew and the closest JCrew Factory. And finally this has led to exhaustion and promising to never return to the mall again. 

It also led to me calling Gregg and yelling about how we would not be doing any Christmas shopping in store and would be doing it online again, just as we did last year. All I can say is #worthit

And if I can find a way to purchase all gifts from Nordstrom's with free shipping and free returns it is happening. I would honestly purchase my groceries from Nordstrom's if there was a way to do it. 

Anyone else feel this way or maybe you just think I am crazy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Card: Leave a note if you enjoyed your visit!