Thursday, April 2, 2015

Easter Candy

I love Easter candy. Every year at this time, I become incredibly picky and selective preferring certain types of candy to others...and when I say certain types, trust me that I get verrrrry specific. It's my thing. The Easter Bunny typically knows this already but this year since I am not heading home for Easter, I realized yesterday I may be on my own for stocking up on my candy necessities. Thanks to a trip to Target I realized this thought and was immediately able to fix it.

Number 1:

Photo courtesy of Marshmallow Peeps
Peeps are the most polarizing candy in the world. I happen to fall on the side of the aisle that loves them. And I do mean loves them. Gregg doesn't even share my affinity and that's completely fine, more for me. Why do I love them?
  • They are light and fluffy and after inhaling 4 of them, I do not feel like I just stuffed my face with candy
  • Something about them is very nostalgic with my childhood. When else can a 30 year old get this excited about a marshmallow chick.
  • I do believe the chicks are better than the bunnies or any other character they have come out with that year. Like I said above, I am very specific on my Easter candy preferences.
  • They can cause people to roll their eyes in disgust or completely share in your love. There is no in between when it comes to people loving or hating Peeps.
  • Here are 6 fun facts about marshmallow Peeps
Number 2:

Photo courtesy of Hersheys
  • Now this candy has been known to start arguments between my Mom and me- to the point that she now refuses to buy it and tells me to buy my own. This is not the first time I have gotten into a family argument over something dessert related...
  • They can't be individually wrapped. They have to be a bag full of candy coated milk chocolate eggs. They can't be another brand. They have to be Hershey's. It is what it is and it is what makes them delicious.
  • Try one, I guarantee you will love them like I do. Be warned they are hard to find but they are there. They are always there, even when your Mom says she couldn't find them.... 

Number 3:

Photo courtesy of Candy Central
  • There is only one other candy that overpowers my nostagia on Easter morning- Reese's peanut butter eggs. Kristina and I would open our Easter baskets and these eggs would be our breakfast when we were kids. It was the best. It still continues today.
  • They are a giant Reese's cup but inside of a chocolate covered egg. It's delicious. It is peanut butter-chocolate deliciousness. 
  • These are a staple every year in our family house. I think they started out as Dad's favorite but the tradition has continued on to the rest of us. 

Don't get me wrong, I will eat lots of other Easter candy this time of year. But there is one that I cannot get into and believe me I have tried-

Cadbury Eggs
  • I have tried and tried with this candy. I don't enjoy it. But my real question is who does? Please tell me if you do and why because I really need to know what is good about this.

Do you like any of these types of Easter candy? Do you have any favorites? Have you ever been particular about a specific kind of candy preference? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Card: Leave a note if you enjoyed your visit!